Sunday, June 29, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Okay, so I have no card to post, because my life as I know it has been shook.

On Tuesday I went to work like a normal day, I did my usuallly job. About 4:30 my boss tells me he needs to talk to me about something before I leave for the day. Okay, now when someone hire up tells you they need to talk to you about something the worst usually goes through your mind, right?
So I finished what I was working on, got my computer shut down, was taking something into my bosses office knowing he was in there. He shut the door behind me, I knew that is was going to be bad. He asked if I was still at my part-time job, I told me not really, I just cover a shift here and there if needed. Then he drops the BOMB!

"Well I'm going to have to let you go! And my lawyer says I CAN'T tell you why" My face got hot, I felt the color drain from my face. my hands started to shake. HOW in the %#$@%$# could this be happening to ME!! He tells me he will write me a letter of recommendation because "You are a hard worker Mandey, and when I need something done I bring it to you because I know it will get done." So why in God's great name are you letting me go? Is what I wanted to ask, but when something like this is thrown at you at 5 o'clock, it is a little hard to form a sentance. He also tells me he will tell my former co-workers whatever I want him to as to why I am no longer there.
I don't care what you tell them I want to know why? Never really got a good answer, come to think of it I NEVER got an answer.

So now I am searching, in my semi-small town for a job, that will pay me what I was making and bring me the same joy I got from going to work. A co-worker of my once said "I GET to go to work, I don't HAVE to." And that is how I felt about that job, I got to go to work. Now, not only I am emotional from struggling to have a baby, I no longer have a job. My husband has been great, but I know deep down he wants me to get a job ASAP, and knowing this I am short with him. I don't why I am so crabby, oh wait I do, I lost my job. Okay, so this blog was meant for me to show off my creative talents, and here I am using it to vent my anger and frustrations. Sorry for those of you who stop by to see my creativeness and you get me complaining.
On the plus side I should be able to get a few cards made.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh Mandey, I'm SO SORRY to hear this! That's awful! And to have no idea why is even worse! I don't understand why the lawyer said your boss couldn't tell you WHY he has to let you go. Weird. But keep your head up! I know that's probably hard right now. . .especially with trying to have a baby, but something better will come along! BIG HUGS to you! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!