Sunday, October 21, 2007

Not my best work



Okay so I have a friend having a baby in December. I have learned how to make "rag" quilts and tend to give those as baby shower gifts. Well her shower was last weekend and I was not able to attend the shower. But I still wanted to make her a quilt. I had a day off work last week so I headed to Hobby Lobby to get the makings of a quilt. I was so excited to get working on this that I finished it in one day. I can tell I finished it in one day because it looks really bad! My squares are uneven and there are colors too close together for my liking.


My mother, bless her, told me it looked great. So has everyone else I have shown it to. I really don't like it, when I told my mom that she told me to give it to her dog for Christmas and make another one for my friend, I am toying with the idea, but don't know for sure. I guess I will have to make another one and see which one I like best I guess. Let me know what you think. I can always use the extra criticism.

2 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Mandey! I'm VERY impressed your baby quit and think it's so sweet that you would make such a wonderful gift for your friend. We are always our own worst critics. I'm sure it's quite nice, but if you aren't happy with it, then you won't feel good about giving it as a gift. I think you should make another one and take your time with it. I'll bet you'll be happier with the next one. Smiles 2 U, Pam :)
p.s. I like your mom's idea! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I think it's gorgeous! I can't believe you did it in ONE day! WOW! You're going to have to teach me! LOL